Sunday, February 04, 2007

My day has finally come

When I was a kid, I loved going grocery shopping with my mom. Not because I loved to shop, but because I could sneek stuff (aka junk food) into her cart without her realizing it. Sometimes she would see what I had hidden while we were checking out, but I don't think she wanted to cause a scene, so she would just give me the "look" and then pay for it. (My sister and brother both did it too so it wasn't just me.)

Now that I have kids of my own, my mom always tells me, "Your day is coming". Meaning, payback for all the michevious things I have done to my mom. And today I got payed back for my little stick-stuff-in-the-cart-while-mom's-not-looking stunt.

I HAD to go into Wal-Mart today and all the kids were with me (all 6 of 'em). I was out of shampoo and other "beauty-aides". The isles were so packed that I couldn't fit my cart and kids down the isle so I parked the cart off to the side, told the kids to stand still and don't touch anything, and made a mad dash down the isle for the few things I needed. I got what I needed, then we checked out. I noticed that my bill was a little higher than I had expected but I still didn't think much about. It wasn't until later when I was unloading everything that I see Micah had stuck 4 boxes of haircolor (at $7.97 each !!) in my cart when I wasn't looking. Brooks also put in two bags of jellybeans in my cart that he said were only $1.00 each, but they ended up being Jelly-Belly jelly beans on those things aren't cheap- $2.97 a bag! So I ended up spending $37.00 more than I should have thanks to my sweet little angles!

I'm keeping the jelly beans but I'm taking back the haircolor!

No comments: