Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Big 3-0

I felt Oh-So-Loved today. And it had nothing to do with the fact that it was Valentine's day. It was my birthday. My 30th birthday. I've been dreading this day for the past 2 years. I don't know what I was so worried about. Here's a recap:

~I got to sleep in until 8:00. I could have slept longer but I heard my hubby's car start up and I got up to tell him goodbye (but he was already gone).

~My mom called me at exactly 8:24 a.m. (the time I was born) to tell my happy birthday. She loves me so much! Thanks mom, you made my day!

~The kids all made themselves breakfast so I didn't have to do a thing (actually, I don't do breakfast even when it's not my birthday but this makes for a good story). Chandler decided to heat himself up a pancake in the microwave. He cooked it for 5 minutes. I guess he wanted to make sure it was done. Pancake was just fine but the plastic plate melted all over the mircowave. But not to worry, he cleaned it up so I wouldn't have to. It's my birthday, after all.

~I had to get my driver's licenes renewed. Actually, I had to get a new MS license. I still had one from Tennessee. We moved from TN in 2001 but I kept it b/c it didn't expire until 2-14-07. Yup, I waited until the very last day to get a new one. But the nice people at the DMV got me in right away and then they all wished me a very happy birthday on my way out the door!

~While I was in the DMV, digging thru my purse, I see that my sil Rebecca had slipped me $50.00 for my birthday!!! I had seen her the day before and she had given me some money, but I didn't realize how much until I was paying for my driver's license and saw the money. Talk about being speachless! Thanks Rebecca! I love you!

~Hubby called me to tell me happy birthday. He waited until later to call just in case I was still asleep, which I wasn't, but he's still so sweet!

~I took a 2 hour, uninterupted nap (with Micah). I wasn't actually that tired but I figured, hey, what the heck, it's my birthday!

~After I woke from my nap, I saw someone had slipped an envelope under my door. It was a sweet handwritten letter (the best kind) from Brooks telling me what a great mom I am and how much he loves me. He also enclosed $2.25 so I could buy myself something. If you know Brooks, you know he was giving up a lot to give me that much money! Money means a lot to him and it ment a lot to me that he was willing to share it with me. (He later asked me if he could have it back "just for a little bit" when he heard that I might be going to Wal-Mart) That kid! :)

~I checked my e-mail after my nap and see a gift card to amazon.com from my other sister-in-law Beth. I had talked to her earlier in the day when she called to give me birthday wishes, but she never mentioned it. It was a nice, very thoughtful surprise. Thank you, Beth!

~The kids were all extra sweet and nice to me all day long. I got lots of extra hugs and kisses. They didn't argue or fight too much with eachother. And they all wanted to be my "helper".

~I got so many calls and emails from family and friends wishing me a happy birthday. I didn't realize I even knew that many people! Again, I feel so loved!

~I still had to make dinner, which was fine with me. But I made what I wanted for dinner, not what I thought everyone else would like. (Black beans and rice with a salad, in case you were wondering)

~Hubs brought home a huge chocolate cake, complete with 30 candles! The kids all sang Happy Birthday to me and then helped me put out the fire that was on top of my cake. I haven't had cake in over a month so this was definately a treat!


~My two favorite shows were on just for my birthday. Actually, American Idol, and Medium come on every Wednesday night, but again, who cares. It's still my birthday and I enjoyed watching them as the kids went to bed a little early. It was just hubby and I. Nice.

And there you have it. I had a wonderfully, simple, 30th birthday with my family. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

No comments: