Friday, October 05, 2007

10 things I've done this week:

  1. I've washed 14 loads of laundry.
  2. I have cooked dinner in my crockpot every night this week (except Wed. when I made a quick run thru McD's). I've had one for the last 12 years and I've just discovered how much I love that appliance. It's made my life easier.
  3. I spent 3 days straight at my sister-in-laws doing my own version of the show "Clean Sweep" while they are out of town. I would love to post before/after pics but I don't think she would like that too much. But let me just say that her house looks AWESOME now.
  4. I've gotten only about 4 hours of sleep each night (and I can't take it any more!!)I don't fall asleep until 1 or 2 in the morning and then I toss and turn all night but then I have to get back up at 8 and I am seriously dragging butt all day.
  5. I have drank (or is it drunk?) at least a pot of coffee every morning with the hopes that it will get me moving. It works for about 2 hours and then I crash and burn. (I don't have any caffeine after lunch so, no, that's not what's keeping my up all night.)
  6. I've watched a total of 6 soccer games in the last 4 days. Brooks and Chandler won their first game ever on Tuesday and then they turned around and did it again on Thursday. They were thrilled and so was their coach. Shelby scored a few goals during her games and Tyler is just happy to be wearing a uniform. Who cares if he has NO CLUE as to what's going on during the game, he just loves being out there.
  7. I've praised the Lord that Rachael's surgery went as planned and that she is doing well.
  8. I've talked to Micah and Blake at least 10 times a day and miss them even more after I hang up the phone. I'm ready for them to come home. (13 more days!!!UGH!)
  9. I've had to take the Suburban back to Toby the mechanic. It was making a loud knocking noise. They think it's just something that wasn't put back right when they replaced the transmission so hopefully it won't cost a dime.
  10. I've started packing. We're going out of town (again) this weekend. We're just taking an over night trip to Memphis. Got some things we need to take care of. Hopefully it will be a blessing to us and not make things worse. (I know none of that made sense to ya'll, but it's a bit personal and I just don't feel like talking about it right now.....maybe I'll share later.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of laundry!

And what a blessing to your s-i-l to come home to a clean and organized home!!

Congrats on the soccer wins and safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Laundry, crockpot, and double the soccer games I went to this week-- impressive!

I'm sure your s-i-l will be touched by your thoughtful blessing.

Safe travels, my friend!
Marsha

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just realized this was from OCTOBER! HOW ARE YOU NOW? HOW DID EVERYTHING GO? WHAT DID YOUR SIL THINK?

Oi. My bloglines must be totally messed up.

Love,
Marsha

Christina said...

Well, it's been 6 months since your last post! I hope you blog again soon! I miss reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to make sure you had heard the news about sweet Marsha (drewsfamilytx). If not, check out my blog.

Thanks.