Monday, January 22, 2007

Family Pictures

We got family pictures taken this weekend. It has been 5 years (and 2 more kids later) since we have been suckered into do such a silly thing. Way back in September we were cornered by an Olan Mills saleslady who talked us into buying some sort of package deal. I cancelled and rescheduled that appointment at least a dozen times due the inability to "get it together". We never showed up for the last one (in November). I had completley forgotten about getting pictures done until out of the blue this lady from Olan Mills calls last week asking me if we still want to come in to have our pictures done. I say sure, what the heck. Might as well try to do it sometime this year. We set up a time for this Sunday at 4:00. Fast forward to Sunday afternoon. I got everyone all together, cleaned up, looking nice. We make it there, right at 4:00 only to be told that they did not have us down for 4:00, or any other time for that matter!!! There were other appointments already scheduled so we would have to wait for a few hours or reschedule. After all I did to get us there, they tell me nope, sorry, come back later. Did this lady not realize what it takes to get 5 boys and a girl presentable and then keep them that way for an extended period of time? I was so mad I was about to cry or punch something. JM said lets just go (I think he wanted to get me out of the store before I caused a scene) so we walked down to Sears to see what they had to offer. They didn't have anything great to offer other than we could get our pictures done right then without waiting. We smiled our best, spent more than we wanted and we won't be doing this again for another 5 years.

No comments: