Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Some sort of update

Once again, I'm slacking on my blog. But here is a rambling update for your reading pleasure.

~We are in full swing with school again. So far so good. Chandler (my nephew who has been living with us since November, but I failed to mention that earlier) is back from visiting his mamaw so now we are moving right along. We have actually been staying on a pretty tight school schedule, which is unusual for me but it's working out nicely.

~Our whole family (that's my husband and kids) have become sorta "vegan". Meaning we are no longer eating meat or dairy. Mainly plant-based, whole foods. Well, the kids do eat some meat and dairy so I guess that doesn't count. But they aren't eating as much as they were before and they're eating a TON of fruit and veggies. It all started after my trip to my cousin's house the beginning of Jan. and she gave me a book to read on the plane ride home. It's called The China Study and I think everyone should read it. It will change the way you look (and eat) food!

~It's been FREEZING cold (like highs only in the low 40's cold) here for the last week so the kids have been in the house all day. They are starting to drive me nuts. Way to much cooped-up energy in here.

~I got a battery charger as an early birthday present from my husband. Why would he give me such a thing? Because my battery goes dead on the Suburan at least once a week from someone not shutting the door all the way, or leaving the interior lights on and he is tired of comming to my rescue (leaving work) and jumping me off. Now I can do it myself!

~We went to my parents house on Saturday to get hair cuts and just to hang out with them. I haven't seen them in a few weeks so it was nice. I don't know what I'm going to do if they move away (like the possibility of them moving back to S.D. or even Kentucky).

~My birthday is in 2 weeks. I'm turning 30 and I'm not ready. I don't want to be that old.

~Micah and Tyler (my youngest two) love to beat eachother up. I know that sounds bad, but they like to see who is the strongest. Maybe it's just a boy thing. I don't know. So no one gets hurt, I let them put on Blake and Brooks' sparring gear (head-to-toe padding) and go at it. Again, no one gets hurt and it's pretty entertaining to watch. I'm going to post a video soon and ya'll can see just how funny it is.

I gotta get the kids started on school. I've got a schedule to keep!

No comments: