Tuesday, December 07, 2010

St. Jude 2010

I've got so much I need to be doing right now instead of sitting at the computer, attempting to blog. But I dont feel like doing any of that other stuff right now. I am almost frozen with fear of all that I need to be doing. Its paralizing. Instead of doing what needs to be done. I'm going to do what I do best and procrastinate. My list of all the things I need to get done before my parents come for the holidays can wait. I'm just gonna tell ya'll about my weekend.

Friday afternoon I rode up to Memphis with Yonea to get ready to run the St. Jude half marathon. Chandler rode with us and we met his mamaw and papaw at the welcome center. He is getting to spend the week with them. I know he is so excited, he hasnt seen them in a year! Anyway, we dropped him off and then we headed to the expo to meet some of our other running friends and to pick up our race packets. After that we headed to Grace Chapel church for the annual spaghetti supper they provide for all the runners. I love that church and all those folks. We ate a bunch, laughed a bunch, talked a bunch, and then Julie, Yonea and I went to a freind of Yonea's to spend the night. I think we were in bed asleep by 10:00. Then it was time to get up and run. We met up with some other running pals and waited in their hotel lobby for the start of the race. I dont know what was different about this race but usually I am a nervous wreck before the start. But not this time. I was so calm. I dont know if it was because I was surrounded by friends or what but it was nice to not feel nervous. The race it self was not what I had hoped for. My asthma had been giving me fits the week leading up to the race and it decided to trouble me some more the entire race. I wanted to run it in 2:15:00 or less but I fininshed in 2:17:40. It's frustrating and encouraging all at the same time.

After the race, we drove back home, back to reality. My kiddos and husband we glad I was home. They cleaned the house and did a ton of yard work while I was gone. It was a nice suprise.

Sunday, we went to church, then came home and I took a nap. Then my hubs took me out to eat at Peking (the best chinese food ever). I know, I know, I have such an exciting life.

That about sums up the weekend. Now it's Tuesday. It's cold outside and I need to get groceries. But I have a headache and I dont feel like getting dressed so I guess we will just starve. :)

Hopefully tomorrow I can produce a much more entertaining post. It's hard to think when you are cold and have a headache. I might just post some pictures too if blogger will cooperate with me.

No comments: