Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Pardon my mess

With Blake and Brooks away at camp and Shelby staying at Mawmaw's house for the week, I decided to do something I have been putting off for looong while.

Clean and Re-Organize the little kids room.

I say re-organize because, believe it or not, it was organized at one time. But that was a very long time ago. And things had just kinda got outta control. The room turned into a Disaster Area! Then I just pretended I didn't see the mess in there. Denial is sometimes a good thing.
See what I mean:




Pretty bad, huh?


We (meaning Tyler, Micah and I) spent the better part of the morning going thou all of that stuff. I found 4 sippy cups, 2 lost shoes, the remote to the dvd player that has been m.i.a. for over 2 months, and a few other things that I will not mention here. I threw away 3 huge bags of broken toys/trash and have 5 bags of stuff to take to the Salvation Army.
After going thou and sorting stuff, I put it all away. Then I moved the beds, dressers, and toy boxes and vacuumed under everything and along the baseboards. I even washed all the dirty walls! Hadn't done that in a while.


All that hard work, I think it looks pretty good.



Now if I could just get it to stay that way!

2 comments:

Perri said...

WOW! What a difference. You should be proud of all that work.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that does look great!

I see you have the same lamp as we do-- except ours is white instead of the multi-colors. Oh and yours is not leaning waaaay over like my lamp is! Ours is starting to turn dangerous and in need of replacement.