Saturday, June 09, 2007

Running Plans

As some of you may know, I'm a runner. Not a very fast one, but a runner none the less. I like running but I'm not very disciplined at it. I have to have a race to look forward to in order to get me out the door in the morning because other wise I would just turn off the alarm clock, roll over and go back to sleep. yep, I can be lazy.

So to keep me motivated here is my "race schedule" for the next 6 months:

July 4th-
Green Street Mile- a 1 mile run-as-fast-as-you-can race in downtown Tupelo. (I'm a slow distance runner, so I will suck at this but I'm going to do it anyway!)

August-
Nothing planned for this month. I will probably be doing most of my running on the dreadmill in the comfort of my air-conditioned home. It'll be way to hot for me to race. I'm such a wimp.

September 2, 2007-
Tupelo 14.2 Miler- This is another local race that I've never done. It's got hills (I don't like hills) and it also starts at 5:00 A.M.!! (I'm also not a morning person) so I'm not going to sign up just yet. I want to do it, but I'm just a little nervous.

October 21, 2007-
Louisville Half Marathon (13.1 miles)- Since my parents are now living in Indiana (but only a 20 minute drive to downtown Louisville, Kentucky), I'm going go up visit them and run this race while I'm there. It's a race along the Ohio river so it sounds like a beautiful run.

November 2007-
I don't have anything planned for this month either. I'll probably be getting ready for my BIG race in December.

December 1, 2007-
St. Jude Memphis Marathon (26.2 miles)- I ran the half-marathon last year and I loved it! This time I'm going to do the full. I'm also going to be a St. Jude Hero while I'm at it. I can't wait!

Well, that's my running plan. Hopefully I can stick to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dreadmill? I love it-- that is precisely what it is to me!

I despise running. I wish I liked it but my lungs simply cannot handle it. *sigh* It really is misery for me. Maybe it gets better if you do it often enough?

Regarding Tupelo...uh...5am? I think you'll need one of those hydration packs and you can just fill it with iced coffee!